Saturday, May 11, 2019

One - Road to Carse

Mission Log: Entry One

My name is Ohana. I am eight days from my home in Heaven's Reach. Let this be a chronicle of my travels.

I walk the roads openly and proudly, as Mother and the others have instructed. In such a short time, this has exposed the ways in which my heritage is perceived. My first stop was through the hamlet known as Thistlefen. It was here I was accosted by several human youths wielding cooking knives. While they were nearly twice my age, human children mature much later, so they were spurred by the need to impress one another and thought me an easy target.

Luckily, there were witnesses to this harassment. I was forced to defend myself, but made certain to injure their pride more than their bodies. In a way, I am thankful for the opportunity to aid in their growth.

Their neighbors were apologetic and attempted to make restitution. I humbly accepted their food and drink as well as this lovely tome in which I intend to record my journey.

I travel quickly, but word of my arrival appears to precede me. Along the road, I noticed folk had assembled to witness the curiosity of a civilized goblin.

Two days ago, I was approached by a messenger with an invitation to the palace at Carse where I am to share the wisdom of my order with Baroness Winona and her scribes. I will arrive tomorrow and have been asked to join the Baroness, her husband, and their inner circle for dinner. It appears their daughter will be marrying in the coming days, so I have the honor of witnessing the ceremony.

I am please that such prestigious honors have been bestowed upon me in such short time, yet I hope that the message of my order will be heard as the novelty of my presence dwindles.

No comments:

Post a Comment